Chair Covers and Linens, Inc., CCL, hereby rents the property described on any order, sale, or invoice which is subject to the following terms and conditions once a rental deposit is received by Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. Credit customers are excluded as they do not require a deposit be placed on an order. The lessee in consideration thereof, acknowledges and agrees as follows:
1. INSPECTION: The Lessee acknowledges that he/she will personally inspect the rental items, finds them suitable for his/her needs and in good condition, that he/she understands the proper use and agrees to inspect the rental items prior to use and notify Chair Covers and Linens, Inc. of any defects, incorrect chair cover/linen size, or incorrect colors within 24 hours of delivery regardless of delivery location.
2. WARRANTIES: There are no warranties of fitness, either expressed or implied. There is no warranty that the rental items are free of any defects. Substitutions may be necessary. Chair Covers & Linens cannot guarantee color dye lot on all rental items. If the lessee refuses any sample chair cover for sizing and fitting purposes, a refund will not be issued. In the event that your rental items could not be delivered due to circumstances beyond Chair Covers & Linens control (i.e.: weather/power outages/delivery delays) a remedy will be at CCL’s sole discretion. It is the lessee’s responsibility to ensure that items rented are the proper size (ie: will fit what they are covering) prior to finalization. Sizing issues after delivery date will not be refunded or discounted.
3. PROHIBITED USES: Use of rental items in the following circumstances is prohibited and constitutes a breach of contract: (a) Improper, and unintended use or misuse. (b) Use by anyone other than the Lessee. (c) Use at any location other than the addresses furnished by the Lessee.
4. TIME OF RETURN: The lessee agrees to return and/or ship the rental items the next business day following the event to Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. The lessee agrees to late fees at the rate of 10% of the total rental cost per day for rental items returned late, and lessee authorizes the credit card provided by lessee to be charged for any late fees. Time is the essence of this contract. Any extension must be mutually agreed upon in writing. Rental orders being returned to local area offices are due to be returned the next business day after the event. Regardless of delivery location, lessee agrees to return all rental items, or have all rental items shipped back to Chair covers & Linens, Inc. by the business day following the event date.
5. RETURN OF RENTAL ITEMS: Lessee shall return all rented items to Chair Covers and Linens, Inc. during regular business hours, in the condition and as when delivered to Lessee subject only to reasonable wear. Lessee shall be responsible for all loss or damage to rented items from time of delivery to lessee and/or return of rented items to Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. All rented items will be returned free of wax, food, and debris. Additional laundry, handling, or replacement charges may apply if rented items are returned soiled beyond reasonable wear, or require wax, pin, or knot removal. Lessee agrees to pay any such replacement fees for missing items or damages.
6. DAMAGED OR LOST ITEMS: The Lessee agrees to pay for any damage to or loss of items, regardless of cause, except reasonable wear. Accrued rental charges cannot be applied against the purchase or cost of repair of damaged or lost items. Items damaged beyond repair will be paid for at the published replacement cost when rented. Lessee agrees to pay for all damaged or missing items regardless of delivery location, delivery date, return date and return location. Damaged items will be charged to and paid for by credit card on file and shipped direct to billing address. Missing items on rental orders that are installed or broken down by a member of CCL staff are the responsibility of the lessee. Installation, delivery, or tear down do not guarantee all items will be accounted for. The Lessee agrees to pay for equipment (at its published replacement cost when rented) for all types of theft or mysterious disappearance.
7. CANCELLATIONS: Deposits are non- refundable. All or part of orders canceled 30 days prior to shipping are subject to a 25% cancellation fee and all shipping charges when applicable. Cancellation fees are non-negotiable and apply to all rental orders either expressed or implied. Lessee authorizes the credit card on file to be charged for any and all applicable cancellation fees. Abandoned rental orders are subject to full rental cost. All cancellations must be dated and received by Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. in writing and confirmed by a Chair covers & Linens, inc. representative in writing to be valid. Verbal cancellations cannot be accepted. Once a rental order is placed, and rental deposit is received, all terms and conditions listed adhere to Lessee as a binding agreement to the lessee/cardholder.
8. PACKAGING: Sashes must be untied and separated from the chair covers, and free of any pins, knots, or debris. NO FOLDING OR LAUNDERING REQUIRED. Rented items need to be sent back dry, as to not encourage mold growth. Moldy items will be billed at their full replacement cost if the stain is not removable. Items rented must be packaged securely and ready for pick up the next business day following the event. To avoid permanent damage, do not attempt to launder the items.
9. FINALIZATION OF ORDER: Final count and final payment is due14 days prior to event day. You may change your count up or down from your original order by 15%. The final payment will automatically be charged to your credit card unless we hear otherwise from you. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Lessee’s responsibility to notify Chair Covers and Linens, Inc. of any changes to original order including address change, shipping information, phone number, and final counts on rented items. It is also the Lessee’s responsibility to inform Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. of any changes to the current billing address, and phone number change after the event date. Shipping Charges may vary from State to State and are based upon items rented. Final shipping charges may change based upon finalization of rental order and actual shipping costs at time of shipment. Any authorized changes to final counts beyond the finalization date are subject to an additional 25% restocking fee. Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. has the right to refuse service or cancel an order for any reason without liability in which the lessee and/or cardholder may still be held responsible for cancellation and restocking fees. Customer and or Lessee agree to transfer jurisdiction to the laws of the State Of Michigan for dispute resolution. Lessee agrees to pay all balances within 30 days from date of invoice. Unpaid balances are subject to a 25% collection fee and interest charges. Lessee agrees to pay collection fees and interest charges when applied. Credit Card holder’s signature is required for rental orders to be released to lessee. Unauthorized credit card use is punishable by law and is subject to order cancellation. Orders are guaranteed to arrive within 1 hour of the event. Rental orders cannot be released or shipped until a signed order approval is received by Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. Late finalization of your order may result in additional shipping charges being added to your order. Any modifications to this document made by other than a CCL employee will not be recognized and are null and void. Chair Covers & Linens, Inc. has the right to correct billing errors at any time.